A rating study shows the public prestige of the higher educational establishments in Bulgaria, the authors of the ranking announced.
The ranking was done on the grounds of monitoring surveys and polls carried out in February 2013 – January 2014. The rates are based on the results of the so-called official ranking of the Ministry of Education and science, realised by Consortium, comprised of experts with the Open Society Institute, MBMD Consulting and Sirma Group.
Some 1,723 respondents were inquired. The analysis for the ranking is based on more than 60 criteria and indices, such as quality of the educational process, number of student candidates per position, number of lecturers having academic rank, and others.
Here is the ranking itself:
1. Medical University – Sofia (10)
2. Plovdiv University of Kliment Ohridski (9.70)
3. University of National and World Economy (9.50)
4. University of Library Studies and Information Technologies (9.45)
5. American University in Bulgaria; National Academy of Arts; National Music Acanemy Prof Pancho Vladigerov; National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts Krastyo Sarafov (9.40)
6. Sofia University of Kliment Ohridski (9.37)
7. Ruse University of Angel Kanchev; Sts Cyril and Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo (9.10)
8. N.Y. Vaptsarov Naval Academy (9.05)
9. Technical University – Sofia (9.00)
10. Medical University of Plovdiv (8.40)
11. Higher School of Insurance and Finance (VUZF) – Sofia (7.10)
12. New Bulgarian University (7.00)
13. South-West university of Neofit Rilsi – Blagoevgrad (6.90)
14. Military Academy G.S. Rakovski (6.50)
15. Medical University Prof Dr Paraskev Stoyanov – Varna (6.00)