In the annual rating of Lithuanian universities, published by the weekly ‘Veidas’, Vilnius University is in the lead and Vytautas Magnum University is in the second position.
The third place is occupied by Mykolas Romeris University, Kaunas University of Technology is in the forth place, and Vilnius Gediminas Technical University is given the fifth place.
Meanwhile, private colleges cannot boast high rating scores, except the ISM University of Management and Economics, which is in the sixth position.
In 2012, the ‘Veidas’ rated all higher education institutions, public and private, together with the leaders of higher education institutions. Another innovation in 2012 was that public and private higher education institutions were rated together.
In previous years Vilnius University was also in the lead and the second position usually was occupied by Kaunas University of Technology. Vytautas Magnus University, which is currently in the second place, usually took the fourth or sixth position.
The Universities ratings:
1) Vilnius University
2) Vytautas Magnus University
3) Mykolas Romeris University
4) Kaunas University of Technology
5) Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
6) ISM University of Management and Economics
7) Lithuanian Music and Theatre Academy
8) Lithuanian University of Health Sciences
9) Šiauliai University
10) Vilnius Academy of Arts
11) Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences
12) Klaipėda University
13) Aleksandras Stulginskis University
14) International Business School at Vilnius University
15) Lithuanian Sports University
16) LCC International University
17) Academy of Management & Business
18) Kazimieras Simonavičius University