Nanyang Technological University offers scholarships for PhD program. The Scholarships will cover monthly stipend and tuition fee waiver for a period of four years and support to attend overseas conferences that covers travel expenses and registration fees. The students can do high- quality research in the areas of communication and information.
During the program candidates can interact with their facilitators for the successful completion of their PhD project. The program will have two academic intakes i.e. in August and January. There is no application fee for research programs. The duration of the course will be 18th months.
About Scholarship: The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme provides students with the solid grounding needed for high-quality research in the areas of communication and information. Students have ample opportunities to interact with faculty and researchers while working towards the completion of Ph.D.degree.
With high quality supervision from our School’s faculty, the students are provided with well-rounded training and exposure to multi-disciplinary research, thus preparing them for a highly research-intensive career.
Study: Students get to work on the following research areas:
Communication-related Areas, Communication Law and Policy, International and Intercultural Communication,
Health Communication, Communication Technology, Media Arts and Cultural Studies, Marketing Communication and Public Relations, Journalism and Political Communication, Information-related Areas, Library and Information Science, Information Systems, Knowledge Management
Course Level: PhD
Scholarship By: Nanyang Technological University
Duration: Courses to be fulfilled by 18th month of candidature.
Value: An attractive monthly stipend provided and tuition fee waiver for a period of four years.
-Monthly stipends range from S$2,000 to S$3,000.
-Funding support to attend overseas conferences that covers travel expenses and registration fees.
-Start-up grants for your research project.
– Overall award is valued between S$31,000 & S$43,000 per year.
– Good Master’s degree with academic grades of B+ and above or CGPA of 4.00/5.00 and above.
– Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2nd Class Honours (Upper).
– Bachelor’s degree with 1st Class Honours might be considered for direct entry to PhD programme.
– English language competency.
– Ability to pursue research in the proposed field of advanced study.
– GRE is not a mandatory requirement for both local and international applicants. An interview will be conducted for applicants who have graduated from overseas universities to assess the applicant’s language competency and potential to pursue independent research.
Scholarship Open for: local and international applicants
Deadline: The Ph.D. programme has two intakes each academic in August and January. The closing date for the August 2013 intake is 31 December 2012, while the closing date for the January 2014 is 31 July 2013.
Further Information: http://www.wkwsci.ntu.edu.sg/ProspectiveStudents/Graduate/DoctorofPhilosophy/Pages/DoctorofPhilosophy.aspx