2013 Open Society Foundations/University of Nottingham offers Master’s Scholarships for Students from Azerbaijan, Egypt, Indonesia, Lebanon and Syria in UK
About Scholarship: In partnership with the Open Society Foundations, The University of Nottingham is delighted to offer 6 Full Scholarships at Nottingham for students from Azerbaijan, Egypt, Indonesia, Lebanon and Syria. Each scholarship provides one year tuition fee at The University of Nottingham, a stipend to cover living costs (for one person only) and return air travel from the scholar’s home country.
Study: Public Health, Public Health (International Health), Environmental Management, Human Rights Law (modules relating to Mental Disability and International Human Rights are available within these courses), International Law, Social and Global Justice, Global Citizenship, Identities and Human Rights, International Social Policy.
Course Level: Master’s degree
Scholarship By: Open Society Foundations/University of Nottingham
Number of awards: 6
Duration: 1 year
Value: Each scholarship provides one year tuition fee at The University of Nottingham, a stipend to cover living costs (for one person only) and return air travel from the scholar’s home country.
- Be nationals of, and resident in one of the selected countries during the academic year in which they apply for the award; applicants who are temporarily out of the country, for a total period of less than three consecutive months may be treated as being resident,
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential,
- Already hold, or expect to hold by the time of taking up the award, a degree of an equivalent standard to a good UK second-class Honours degree, applicants will be required to have passed an English proficiency test before being offered a Scholarship; local representatives of the Open Society Scholarship Programs will arrange tests for shortlisted candidates after the interviews, if applicants have not already successfully taken a test in the 2 years prior to the interview,
- Return to their home country at the end of their scholarship period to continue their studies/work there.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied outside of their home country.
Scholarship Open for: Azerbaijan, Egypt, Indonesia, Lebanon and Syria can apply for this scholarship.
Apply: By post, fax or electronically
Deadline: 1 February 2013
Further Information: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/internationalstudents/scholarshipsfeesfinance/scholarships/scholarshipdetails/osi-fco-chevening.aspx