The University of York offers Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships. United World College Scholarships and International Entrance Scholarships for international students who would like to take a full-time undergraduate degree at University of York.
Host Institution: York University, Ontario, Canada (Course starts September 2013)
Field of study: Any undergraduate program in one of the following Faculties: Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, Glendon, Health, Science & Engineering, Schulich School of Business.
Number of Awards: Only one candidate per school will be considered for this award.
Target group: The scholarships are open to international students from around the world.
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $60,000 ($15,000 x 4 years)
United World College Scholarship $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarships: $100,000 ($25,000 x 4 years)
To renew the scholarship, one must maintain a high academic standing (7.80 on a 9-point York scale) in each academic year at York.
• You MUST be applying for September entry.
• You MUST be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada.
• You must be nominated by your high school.
• You must be applying to the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree program in one of the following Faculties: Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, Glendon, Health, Science & Engineering, Schulich School of Business.
• You must possess an excellent academic record (“A” average or equivalent) and have other accomplishments such as community service or excellence in the arts, sports or other areas of individual achievement. (Exception: York University Entrance Award)
• Demonstrates leadership skills
Important Note: Please take note of the specific eligibility criteria of each scholarship.
Application instructions: The deadline for applications is on 15 March 2013. You are required to fill up the scholarship application form and submit supporting documentation (listed in the form).
Deadline: 15 March 2013 (annual)
Further Information: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/financialsupport/international_apply