Research fellowships at the International Research Center for Japanese Studies, Japan 2014-2015
About Scholarship: The International Research Center for Japanese Studies is one of the constituent institutions of the National Institutes for the Humanities, which was established as an Inter-University Research Institute Corporation under a law effective April 2004. Founded in May 1987 as an inter-university research institute of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, this Center seeks to promote comprehensive, international, and interdisciplinary research on Japanese culture, and to foster cooperation among researchers in Japanese studies worldwide.
Study Subject: Japanese Studies
Course Level: Research
Scholarship By: International Research Center for Japanese Studies
Duration: We are now accepting applications from The Visiting Research Scholar candidates for the fiscal year 2014(April 1, 2014 – March 31, 2015), expected to start their stay on a date within this period. The stay must be for a minimum of three (3) months but not exceed the maximum of twelve (12) months. (It is possible for a period of stay to extend into the following fiscal year.) Along with a first preference for a period of stay, please indicate a second preferred period.
Cover: The Visiting Research Scholar’s salary will be determined on the basis of salary regulations and will reflect the Visiting Research Scholar’s seniority. It will be paid on the appointed day each month.
- Roundtrip travel expenses will be paid according to a rate stipulated in the regulations.
- A research allowance (including a domestic research travel expense allowance) will be disbursed to each Visiting Research Scholar.
- The Center’s library, computers, and other facilities, including an individual research room, will be made available for the use of the Visiting Research Scholar, in the same way as for a regular full-time employee of the Center.
- Visiting Research Scholars have opportunities for presentation of research findings in seminars, public lectures, and the Nichibunken Forum held by the Center.
- Housing accommodations will be available on the site of the Center. (There are charges for the use of these facilities.)
Eligibility: Researchers of any nationality not more than 65 years old when the research period begins, who live outside Japan, are eligible to apply. Others whom the Director-General of this Center deems to have equivalent qualifications as a researcher may apply, provided that they meet the age criteria. Applicants who meet the following criteria are preferred.
- Researchers employed by a university or other research institution.
- Researchers with a doctoral degree.
- Those whom the Director-General deems to have equivalent qualifications as above (1) and (2).
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Number of awards offered: Several positions
Notification: All the applicants will be notified of the results by the middle of March, 2013 by post only.
Apply: By post
Deadline: 30 November 2012
Further Information: http://www.nichibun.ac.jp/number/number_1_e.html