US-SLFC offers Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Awards for Sri Lankan Postdoctoral Students at a US University or Research Institution, USA 2013-14
About Scholarship: The flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government, widely known as the Fulbright Program, is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and people of other countries.
Duration: 6 months
Study Subject: While applicants from all disciplines will be considered, preference will be given to candidates in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
Course Level: Postdoctoral
Scholarship By: United States – Sri Lanka Fulbright Commission
Cover: All Fulbright Visiting scholars receive round-trip international travel and sickness and accident insurance provided by the U.S. Department of State. Most scholars also receive a monthly stipend and additional allowances as benefits of their grants. Fulbright grantees enter the United States under the sponsorship of the Department of State’s J-1 Exchange Visitor Program for Fulbright Scholars.
- Be a Sri Lankan citizen and have continuously resided in Sri Lanka for a minimum of two years up to the time of applying for this award.
- Possess a PhD from a recognized university.
- Demonstrate a clear rationale for conducting the proposed research/ teaching in the U.S.
- While applicants from all disciplines will be considered, preference will be given to candidates in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
- Age: The age limit in force hitherto is waived. However, all things being equal, an applicant who is near retirement would not be as strong as one who is several years away.
Selection Criteria: All prospective applicants for Fulbright Professional Scholar Awards need to identify a U.S. academic or professional host prior to applying for an award.
Scholarship Open for International Students: No
Notification: Interviews (shortlisted candidates only): December / January
Apply: The Fulbright Advanced Research and Lecturing Award application must be submitted online. Please fill in the application for the “Fulbright Visiting Scholar Programme” found at the site called – “the official online application for the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program”.
Deadline: 1st of October 2012
Further Information: http://www.fulbrightsrilanka.com/?page_id=1170