As an agent of positive change in the region, IEDC-Bled School of Management has traditionally provided a small number of scholarships aimed at supporting and promoting economic development and leadership in the emerging economies. Following this tradition, IEDC is proud to announce its Executive MBA Scholarship for the 2013 One-Year and Two-Year Executive MBA Program.
Host Institution: IEDC Bled School of Management in Slovenia, Next course starts January 2013
Field of study: One-Year or Two-Year Executive Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Number of Awards: The program offers five scholarships.
Target group: Open to outstanding candidates who meet the qualifying criteria. Financial need and diversity are two of the major criteria in awarding the scholarships.
Scholarship value/inclusions: Up to 50% off the tuition fees for the 2012 One-Year and Two-Year Executive MBA Program with a maximum value of Euro 11,500 per person and 14,250 respectively.
Please note that in case granted a scholarship, the candidate has to cover the second part of the tuition, as well as to have enough funds to cover travel, accommodation and daily costs for 17 weeks of studies which will approximately amount for 6.000-9.000 Euros
Executive MBA Scholarship Campaign 2009 is open to qualifying candidates only. To qualify, make sure that:
• You have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
• You are proficient in written and spoken English
• You have bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• You have completed the application form
• You have 2 letters of recommendation
• You have written a one-page essay answering a question “Why should I receive an IEDC scholarship?” highlighting both your intellectual merit and financial need that qualifies you for a scholarship, and
• You have submitted your application and essay by September 15th, 2012.
Scholarship Criteria: Three main criteria are used to assess the scholarship application:
• Intellectual merit: demonstrated by prior academic and professional achievement, and supported by high interview score given by the MBA Director during the candidate one-on-one interview.
• Financial need: demonstrated by the GDP and purchasing power of the country of the applicant, the revenue and profitability levels of current employer, and any other supporting evidence provided by the applicant.
• Diversity: a factor of nationality and professional experience, diversity criteria assures that each candidate makes significant contribution to the overall diversity of the incoming Executive MBA class.
Deadline: 15 Sept 2012 (annual)
Further Information: http://www.iedc.si/programs/mba/scholarships/