* It is a fully-funded six-week intensive leadership training program in the U.S. for undergraduate students.
* Participants develop leadership and collective problem-solving skills, exploring U.S. history and culture to expand their leadership skills and knowledge.
* The Institute consists of hands-on leadership training workshops, academic sessions, site visits, community service projects, optional homestays and other opportunities for interaction with Americans peers, and other cultural activities.
* The program runs from end of June to early August every year. It includes a two-day orientation in Washington D.C., a five-week academic residency program at a U.S. university or college, and a one-week educational study tour to other regions of the U.S.
* Students also participate in an alumni conference held in the Middle East or North Africa subsequent to their return to their home countries.
* The program is fully funded, including international airfare, travel within the United States, accommodation, meals, and program fees.
You are eligible for the program if:
1. You are a Bahraini citizen, living in Bahrain, and attending university in Bahrain.
2. You are currently in your first, second or third year of college or university studies (excluding orientation year).
3. You will be 18 to 24 years old at the time of entry to the U.S.
4. You are proficient in English.
5. You demonstrate characteristics of leadership and are interested in motivating your peers to promote positive change in Bahrain.
6. You have a strong interest in learning about the United States.
How do I apply?
* Completed application form (MS Doc_1.57MB) should be emailed to ManamaPao@state.gov no later than Wednesday, January 25, 2012.
* Selected applicants will be invited for a personal interview.
* Candidates who are successful in the interview process are reviewed by the US Embassy and Washington before final selections are made.
Deadline for submitting the form is Wednesday, January 25, 2012.